3.11.2010

Darkness on the Edge of Town

Let us give into the memories
if only for a night
and wallow in our happiness
from when darkness turned to light.

Let us fight away our sorrows
tuck them deep into our chests
so that when we finally falter
our ashes may peacefully lay to rest.

For I want my body, not left behind,
but cooled to filthy dust,
vague and opposite of what she wished.
This way I will not rust.

Let us resist the breaths of others
in fear of letting them in.
There is nothing left, no heart remains,
no battle set to win.

Let us give our souls to eternity,
the only thing that cares.
He who is willing to carry our burden,
the one we can no longer bear.

For I want no trace of me that I can follow.
I wish to be lost, alone,
and lonesome in a tender world
that all are cursed to roam.

No comments:

Post a Comment