2.10.2010

Recreation 101

I have recently taken to writing pithy, meaningless, horrid and scattered bits of poetry and calling them, just that, poetry. Trying to pass my minute musings as Kerouac or Ginsberg-esque has come out as nothing but childish and an inadequate means of reaching my potential for writing once a day for the entire year. For what good are my writings if they're merely for filling a number every month? Isn't that what Literature courses are for? Should I then recollect my days, weeks, or months in between writings? (Though I doubt I could go months without)

I remain quite unsure on the matter. Perhaps I should get a hobby, or a passion. One that is material and indulgant and tangible, like fashion, or knitting, or sex. No more writing or reading. Who needs literacy anyhow? No need to read Kafka, lets watch the Anime version. Who needs Plato's Allegory of the Cave when there's a Lego version on YouTube?

I sound snobby and I am well, well aware. But my foots asleep and I'm exhausted and have come to accommodate a scratchy, Porn star voice. Good night sweet ladies, goood night.

1 comment:

  1. first thought. holyshit there's a lego version of the allegory of the cave?!
    second thought. nothing you write is meaningless.

    ReplyDelete