5.13.2010

Scholarship

I haven't posted on this for quite a while, but perhaps this post is somewhat necessary seeing it is the only adequate space (besides to Monica and my Mum) where I can boast about the fact that I WON A SCHOLARSHIP that I didn't even apply for.
I received this invitation in the mail a few days ago inviting me to an award and scholarship ceremony for the school and I threw it out because I assumed I was only invited and not NOMINATED. I got a call the next day telling me that I had won a scholarship and that I had to attend the ceremony to find out which one I had won.
It turned out that I was chosen for the MPC Foundation Faculty Designated Scholarship in the Social Sciences and I was actually nominated by professors in the Social Science department. My absolute favourite professor presented me with my scholarship and it was REALLY AWESOME.
I feel like such a little child explaining this all to you (whoever you are) but, as you can tell by my periodic and sporadic capitalization, I am QUITE EXCITED.
Also because it'll look pretty badass on my Anthropology resume.

1 comment: